Minimum Driver Requirements
Please review the following requirements and click on the “Apply Online” link at the bottom of this page. Only applications that meet or exceed the Minimum Driver Requirements will be accepted.
Minimum employment qualifications to be considered for a driving position by Innovative Driver Services (IDS) are as follows:
- You must be at least 22 years old.
- One year (12 months) of verifiable tractor trailer/combo unit, experience is required. One year driving experience needs to be within past 2 years. We will also consider applicants with two years of experience in last three years or five years in the last seven years. Completion of a certified truck driving school will be considered in calculating verifiable experience.
- If you are a graduate of an accredited truck driving school, the term of experience may be one (1) year. School certificate must be presented at application time.
- A combination of more than three (3) moving violations and/or preventable accidents within the past three (3) years is not allowed. No more than one (1) at fault accident involving a commercial vehicle is allowed within the past three (3) years. Accident report(s) must be provided at the time of the employment interview documenting the accident(s) if available.
- We will not hire applicants with DUI/DWI convictions or pending charges within the previous seven (7) years and never in a commercial motor vehicle.
- Felony, theft, larceny or assault conviction within the past seven (7) years of application date will result in disqualification.
- Applicant must provide current medical certification and long form if available.
- Applicant must complete employment application and provide 10 years of continuous employment history.
- All applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- Applicants can have only one CDL license, which must be from their state of legal residence. Applicants that have recently moved must obtain a new CDL from their state of residence in accordance with state law and turn it into IDSC within 30 days of employment.
- You may not work for another staffing company while employed with Innovative Driver Services.
IDSC considers for employment only those individuals who will submit to a criminal background check. IDSC utilizes national, state and local agencies to complete these checks. By initialing below, I hereby grant my consent for IDSC to perform a criminal background check as part of the employment process.
Department of Transportation Minimum Requirements*:
- 21 years of age
- Can sufficiently speak the English language
- Can safely operate the type of equipment s/he will be assigned to drive
- Is physically qualified
- A valid license to operate a commercial motor vehicle
- Has provided IDS with a list of moving violations in the past three years
- Is not disqualified to drive
- Has road test certificate or equivalent (as defined in Section 391.33, usually a CDL)
* Applies to all drivers operating commercial motor vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating or actual weight of 10,001 or more (whichever is greater).